Wednesday, January 29, 2020 — Houston, TX 46°

Ben Baker-Katz

Men’s basketball seeks revenge against North Texas

After a tough weekend that saw the team lose against two Conference USA opponents, Rice men’s basketball will aim to even its season series against the University of North Texas on Saturday afternoon at Tudor Fieldhouse. According to head coach Scott Pera, UNT — which is ranked No. 1 in C-USA — will pose a difficult challenge for the Owls.

Golf wraps up fall schedule

Golf finished its fall slate of competition last weekend with an 8th-place finish out of 13 teams at the two-day Steelwood Collegiate Invitational in Loxley, Alabama. 

A Rice World Series

Once called the “complete player” by former Rice baseball head coach Wayne Graham, former Rice student and MLB All-Star third baseman Anthony Rendon kicked off the World Series with the Washington Nationals last night against the Houston Astros.

Men’s club lacrosse integrates women into team

The club lacrosse team is not vastly different from the various other club teams Rice has to offer. They’re a team that competes with other schools and continues to grow in size. But one way in which this team is unique is the make-up of the 27 people on it.

Soccer falls to undefeated Oregon State

Rice soccer lost 2-1 in an overtime match against undefeated Oregon State University this Sunday at Holloway Field. Rice was coming off of a 3-2 defeat at  Southern Methodist University, while Oregon State came into the game following a 5-0 victory against the University of Houston and had given up only one goal all season.