Tim Faust & Eric Doctor

Backpage's Voyage through the Annals of History

Welcome to the Backpage's Journey through the Annals of History! Because the Backpage can't go online each week, we've chosen to dig up an article from the Thresher's past and put it online for the world to rediscover. We've also recorded two audio readings in case all these words get too burdensome on your eyes. Please enjoy and send any comment to backpage@rice.edu.

Backpage's Voyages Through the Annals of History

Backpage's Voyage Through the Annals of History

Welcome to the Backpage's Voyage Through the Annals of History! Because the Backpage can't go online each week, we've chosen to dig up an article from the Thresher's past and put it online for the world to rediscover. We've also recorded two audio readings in case all these words get too burdensome for your eyes. Please enjoy and send any comment to backpage@rice.eduThis week's article comes from the October 16, 1947, issue of the Thresher and is divided into two ?rst-person accounts. All of the original text has been reproduced, including misspellings and grammatical errors.

Welcome to the Backpage's Journey through the Annals of History! Because the Backpage can't go online each week, we've chosen to dig up an article from the Thresher's past and put it online for the world to rediscover. We've also recorded two audio readings in case all these words get too burdensome on your eyes. Please enjoy and send any comment to backpage@rice.edu.This week's article comes from the November 15, 1916, issue of the Thresher. All of the original text has been reproduced, including misspellings and grammatical errors.

The Backpage Interview Series

You know the guy who seems to run every club meeting you go to on campus? In a couple of decades, he'll be Kevin Kirby. Dr. Kirby, the VP for Administration, oversees almost every campus project you could imagine. He met the Backpage at the South Plant on Wednesday to chat about moustaches, the Predator aircraft, why he loves Rice and the Green Bay Packers.BP: We dug up the photo you had when you came to Rice in 2005. You used to have a pretty formidable moustache [see inset]. Where'd it go?