Monday, May 27, 2024 — Houston, TX

Final times will not be announced this year, per college request

bb24-18-brandon-chen-web

By Viola Hsia and Riya Misra     4/17/24 5:23pm

The results arrived nearly two weeks after the races on April 6. The final results account for penalties, appeals and internal review, according to campus-wide Beer Bike coordinator Willa Liou. 

Last year, Beer Bike results were released April 5, 2023, only four days after the races — but were quickly recalled after Jones and Will Rice College submitted formal contestations of the results. Several teams had also submitted appeals, including the GSA, Jones, Brown, Wiess College and Duncan College. The correct, final results were announced April 14, 2023.

This year, only the final placements were announced. Times, appeals and formal contestations will remain private, according to “college request,” Liou said.

Jones School breaks ground on new expansion, final project to wrap up spring 2026

The Jones Graduate School of Business will expand its building, constructing an additional 95,000 square feet around McNair Hall. Rice Business announced blueprint plans for the new $54.5 million building at its groundbreaking May 9. The new building will include multiple large classrooms, lecture halls, dining facilities, event spaces and communal areas, designed to “blend seamlessly with the campus and its surroundings.”