Weekly Scenes and Screens, Jan. 26

weekly-scene-and-screens-tina-liu
Illustrated by Tina Liu

By Morgan Gage     1/25/22 11:43pm

KTRU Cozy Show

KTRU is hosting their annual Cozy Show this Friday, Jan. 28 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Valhalla courtyard. Attend to listen to Washed Up Rookie and DA/ZE and take advantage of the free hot chocolate and cookies.

PRIDE Open Mic

Rice PRIDE is hosting their first open mic night Thursday, Jan. 27 from 8 to 10 p.m. in Ray’s Courtyard. Join Rice PRIDE in celebrating “queer art in all forms,” and for those interested in signing up to perform ahead of time there is a Google form to fill out.

“Soundwaves” 

The new Moody exhibit “Soundwaves: Experimental Strategies in Art + Music” has its student opening Saturday, Jan. 29 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Moody Center for the Arts. The first 50 attendees will receive free boba tea, and the event will have free food, drinks and music provided by KTRU. 

ASTR* Launch

Just before the “Soundwaves” student opening, attend the launch of ASTR* Magazine’s new issue Saturday, Jan. 29 from 4 to 6 p.m. for the launch of their fourth issue “SPACE.” There will be free donuts and a plaster-casting workshop.

[1/29/2022 11:15 a.m.] This article has been updated to reflect that the Moody Center for the Artsstudent opening is on Jan. 29.