Friday, December 03, 2021 — Houston, TX °

Reny Jose search continues after spring break

The search continues for Martel College senior Reny Jose, who went missing on Monday, March 3 while on vacation in Panama City Beach, Fla.

Jose was last seen by friends at 6:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the Bay County Sheriff’s Office, Jose’s clothes, cell phone and wallet were found in a trash can. The Sheriff’s Office reports that a friend told investigators that Jose had taken LSD and mentioned harming himself before he disappeared. Deputies have been searching the area around the home, and a dive team is searching the Gulf of Mexico near the beachfront home where Jose was staying.

His family is urging people to be vigilant and to continue looking for Jose. A Facebook page has been created to spread awareness, and there is a fund for people to donate money to the family to help the search efforts.

Reashma Jose, Reny’s sister, posted on the Facebook page on behalf of the family.

“I just wanted to thank everyone for their support. Your kind words, thoughts and prayers have kept us hopeful,” Reashma Jose said. “Waiting to hear the news of Reny’s whereabouts each day has been agonizing. We ask that you please continue to keep us in your prayers. Reny is very much a pillar in our family and just as he would never give up on us, we refuse to give up on him. Thank you all again for everything.”

Martel College held a candlelit vigil for Jose Tuesday, March 11 in the Martel Quad. Students from across campus were invited to attend.

Anyone with information about Jose is asked to call RUPD at 713-348-6000.

Rice mandates COVID vaccine for all employees

Rice announced that all faculty and staff are now required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, in an email sent on Nov. 19 by Kevin Kirby, chair of the Crisis Management Advisory Committee. According to the policy’s document, the new vaccination policy comes after President Biden issued Executive Order 14042, which mandates that all federal contractors require their employees or anyone connected with a federal contract to be fully vaccinated by Jan. 4, 2022, unless granted a medical or religious exemption.