This Week in Entertainment

ca766338faf60a0a125f14a67be4f0e4

By Louis Lesser     9/11/13 7:00pm

Grand Theft Auto V

The largest and most ambitious installment in one of the most critically acclaimed, best-selling video game series of all time marks the first new entry in nearly five years after being long delayed. The latest edition takes place in Los Santos, a sun-soaked city of chaos where users can play as three different protagonists on the road to survival and success.

World War Z

After several delays, Brad Pitt's apocalyptic epic was finally released in theaters to financial success and strong critical reception this summer. In the film, a former United Nations investigator is tasked with finding a cure to a zombie outbreak, traveling around the world in order to save the lives of his family and humanity. Bonus features include exclusive behind-the-scenes documentaries. Also in 3-D.

Insidious: Chapter 2

The follow-up to the surprise 2011 runaway horror hit reunites cast members Patrick Wilson (The Conjuring) and Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids), who reprise their roles as a husband and wife investigating the secret that has haunted them from the spirit world. Fighting off paranormal activity and mysterious surprises, the couple find themselves picking up right where they left off: in a thrilling, suspenseful battle versus the unknown. PG-13. 105 minutes.

Prisoners

Fresh off its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, the work of director Denis Villeneuve is already earning acclaim for its star-studded cast, including Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman, and dramatic plot about the sudden disappearance of two young girls in a small town. When the police release the only suspect in the case due to a lack of evidence, one father (Hugh Jackman, The Wolverine) tries to take matters into his own hands and becoming a vigilante. R. 146 minutes.

Feels Like Home

Sheryl Crow

While she has had a successful career in adult contemporary rock, Sheryl Crow has decided to diversify her musical tastes and now presents her first country album, preceded by hit single "Easy." Each song on the CD was co-written by another songwriter, including country star Brad Paisley, giving the album an added sense of novelty. While Crow fans should expect a new sound, they can still anticipate the same powerful lyricism they have grown to love.

From Here to Now to You

Jack Johnson

The sixth album from the folk-rock singer-songwriter marks a return to his acoustic, "surfer-vibe" genre after the darker, electric guitar-driven work of recent years. This album is composed in his traditional style of self-penned, self-produced tracks. This time around, though, he adds a layer of instrumentation to his traditional sound that should set him up for the mainstream success he has lacked in recent years.