This Week in Entertainment

c86d69351028d23d2b77a7dfdd0230bc

By Louis Lesser     9/16/13 7:00pm

FIFA 14

Over the last several years, Electronic Arts' FIFA franchise has seen its popularity skyrocket, and the newest edition of the soccer game may be the most anticipated yet. New features include "Pure Shot," which allows players to adjust their stride and approach angle to better position themselves to score, as well as more realistic ball physics, determining the trajectory of the ball and enabling users to change their force and finesse when taking a shot. Available for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Iron Man 3

The summer's biggest movie finds billionaire Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr., The Avengers) suiting up to fight the mysterious Mandarin, the head of a secretive terrorist organization. Featuring high-octane special effects and a surprising twist, the start of the second phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe thrilled audiences worldwide, grossing over $1.2 billion. Bonus features include exclusive behind-the-scenes documentaries, deleted and extended scenes, audio commentary and a gag reel. Also in 3-D.

Battle of the Year

Based on the real international dance crew tournament held annually in France, this movie tells the story of a young man attempting to put together a B-Boy team capable of winning the competition and the hard-luck coach he hires to make his dream a reality. In order to win, the team brings together some of the top dance talent in the United States, alongside Chris Brown (Stomp the Yard) and Josh Peck (Drake & Josh). PG-13. 109 minutes. Also in 3-D.

Rush

In his first film since the 2011 misfire The Dilemma, Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind) tells the true story of the 1976 Formula One season. Focused on the rivalry between drivers James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth, Thor) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl, Inglourious Basterds), the movie follows the events from a catastrophic crash at the German Grand Prix through the duo's pursuit of the World Championship in Japan, with much of the film shot at the real location. R. 122 minutes.

Nothing Was The Same

Drake

The highly anticipated third studio album from the Canadian rap/R&B wunderkind will feature guest appearances from Jay-Z and Jhene Aiko, as well as frequent production collaborator Noah "40" Shebib. As evidenced by singles like "Started From The Bottom," the themes on the album range from claims of triumph to odes to love influenced by the Marvin Gaye album Here, My Dear. Early estimates indicate that Drake will have among the highest first-week sales numbers of the year.

Mechanical Bull

Kings of Leon

After spending the summer headlining music festivals across the nation, the brothers will release their sixth studio album, led by singles "Supersoaker" and "Wait For Me." The band's last effort, Come Around Sundown, did not receive the massive success of its breakthrough CD Only by the Night, ultimately leading the group to go on a short hiatus. However, with its new material returning to its Southern rock and blues influences, expect a resurgence in its popularity.