This Week in Entertainment

29de1228f4f29abc155abcfc2bc854c3

By Louis Lesser     9/23/13 7:00pm

NBA 2K14

The world's most popular basketball video game franchise returns with its newest edition. The creative staff behind the game joined forces with cover athlete LeBron James, who picked the game's soundtrack himself. Meanwhile, the programmers at 2K Sports refined the controls, including the Pro Stick; enhanced defense capabilities; and added new signature skills for select players. Available for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

This Is The End

This wild comedy follows a nontraditional path by featuring an entire cast of actors playing fictional versions of themselves, including Seth Rogen (who also co-directed the film), Jonah Hill and James Franco. After an apocalypse hits Earth, a group of celebrity friends must struggle together to survive, facing challenges that risk their friendships and faith along the way. Available Oct. 1 on DVD and Blu-ray. Bonus features include exclusive behind-the-scenes documentaries, deleted scenes, audio commentary, marketing material and a gag reel.

The 20/20 Experience: 2 of 2

Justin Timberlake

Releasing the No. 1 album of the year so far was not enough for the multi-talented star (also featured this week for his role in Runner, Runner), who provides the second half of his soulful collection, including his newest single, "Take Back the Night." Timberlake realized he had recorded enough material from his previous sessions to put out another album only months after his previous release.

Runner, Runner

Fresh off winning an Academy Award for Argo, Ben Affleck allows Brad Furman to sit in the director's chair for this crime thriller. After a college student (Justin Timberlake, The Social Network) is cheated out of his tuition money in a game of online poker, he attempts to confront the corrupt owner of the website (Affleck) but is quickly lured into becoming his second-in-command. However, when the FBI tries to infiltrate the set-up, it calls upon the student to take down his "teacher." R. 91 minutes

The Diving Board

Elton John

The first new material from the singer-songwriter legend in seven years marks a return to the sounds of the more subtle, piano-oriented style John began his legendary career with. Produced by T-Bone Burnett, this album has gone through several delays but has already received high marks from critics for bringing John's career full circle, revealing an exciting, more stripped-down solo effort.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2

This sequel to the surprise 2009 box-office hit is based on an original idea, rather than the sequel to its source material, the children's book Pickles to Pittsburgh. Regardless, this colorful, comedic film takes place immediately after its predecessor, explaining what happens when inventor Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader, Saturday Night Live) has to return to his food-ridden hometown to save the world from sentient, edible beasts. PG. 95 minutes. Also in 3-D.