This Week in Entertainment

By Louis Lesser     2/14/13 6:00pm

Crysis 3 - The third entry in the popular first person shooter series is set in a futuristic New York City, which has been contained in a giant nano-dome of seven distinct environments, and follows the Prophet, the nano-suit soldier, on a quest to rediscover his humanity and exact brutal revenge. The game contains upgrades including expanded multiplayer options, new weapon selections, a new signature "bow and electric arrow" and improved graphics. Available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

A Good Day to Die Hard - The fifth installment of the iconic action franchise debuts 25 years after the first movie and marks the continuing adventures of New York City police officer John McClane (Bruce Willis, The Sixth Sense). In this edition, McClane travels to Russia to save his supposedly misguided son but instead finds himself partnered with this same son (Jai Courtney, Spartacus: Blood & Sand) as they are caught in the middle of a Russian terrorist plot. R. 98 min. (Also in IMAX)

Argo  - After winning top prizes at the PGA, DGA and SAG Awards, this stirring thriller produced, directed by and starring Ben Affleck (The Town) about the rescue of six U.S. diplomats during the 1979 Iran Hostage Crisis is widely considered the leading candidate in the best picture race for this year's Academy Awards, airing Feb. 24.  The film features an all-star cast including Alan Arkin (Little Miss Sunshine) in an Oscar-nominated supporting role. Bonus features include behind-the-scenes documentaries, audio commentary and feature-length Picture in Picture.

Push The Sky Away (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) - The 15th studio album from the acclaimed Australian alternative rock band is also the first not to include former band member Mick Harvey. The CD is another unique collection of original songs, preceded by a lead single "We No Who U R," that is a decidedly more low-key and contemplative effort than the rest of the album that shows a sense of restraint from the group. The band will also be promoting its newest collection of songs with a performance at this spring's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Annual Festival.

Beautiful Creatures - Based on the best-selling young adult novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and the first in the Caster Chronicles series, this film looks to capitalize on the fan base of similar supernatural franchises such as Twilight to create a new teen phenomenon. When a young woman (newcomer Alice Englert) moves to a new town, she realizes she possesses strange powers which threaten a budding romance, and she must learn to control her abilities before her fate is decided. PG-13. 123 min.

The Storyteller (Jodi Picoult) - From the best-selling author of My Sister's Keeper comes a suspenseful story of trust and morality. The novel tells the story of Sage Singer, a lonely baker, who meets an elderly man in her grief support group and strikes up an unlikely friendship. However, when a shameful secret comes in the way of their relationship that could have severe legal repercussions, Sage must explore the lengths she may need to go in order to protect her interests.