Monday, June 17, 2024 — Houston, TX

Jones student accused of sexual assault on fellow student

By Hallie Jordan     11/9/11 6:00pm

Jones School of Business student Christopher Steiner, 30, has been accused of burglary with intent to commit another felony – sexual assault of a fellow student, according to recent court records. The case was filed with the Harris County District Attorney's office on Monday.

According to court records, the alleged victim told police that she woke up in her bed with Steiner on top of her in his underwear, touching her private parts. According to court records, Steiner walked in through an unlocked front door and then the closed bedroom door. Acording to court records, the alleged victim screamed and Steiner left. According to court records, he later made a second attempt to enter her apartment, at which point she called the Rice University Police Department.

The accused and alleged victim live in the same apartment building on Kirby, and though they are not friends, she was able to identify him by sight, according to the police report.

Steiner has given a written apology to the victim, ABC13 reported.

If convicted, Steiner, who matriculated as a Rice graduate student this fall, could face prison time and a $10,000 fine. He was released on a $20,000 bond.

Both the Jones Business School and RUPD declined to comment as the case is still pending.