Kinder Institute receives $7 million grant to fund research, outreach

By Andrew Ligeralde     2/10/16 6:41pm

The Baker Institute for Public Policy was ranked among the top 5 university affiliated think tanks in the world, according to the 2015 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report released by the University of Pennsylvania. The Baker Institute rose to no. 4, up from no. 9 in 2014.

According to the report’s abstract, the rankings are based on feedback from a panel of over 1,900 peer institutions and experts across the media, academia, public and private donor institutions and governments around the world.

In order, the report lists the top four university affiliated think tanks as Harvard University’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard’s Center for International Development, London School of Economics and Political Science’s IDEAS/Public Policy Group and the Baker Institute.

The report also ranked the Baker Institute as no. 18 among think tanks in the U.S., same as its 2014 ranking, and the Institute’s Center for Energy Studies as no. 2 among the world’s energy and resource-policy think tanks, up from no. 4 in 2014.