Seong Jong Hong

Project Spotlight: Wisga Student Review Database

There's a saying that goes: It's not what you know, it's who you know that counts. Many students have used their connections advantageously by gaining insider information on everything from which professor is preferable for an Economics course to how to get that internship.

Project Spotlight: Naked for Nourish

More than 1 billion people do not have access to clean water, 925 million are malnourished and 22,000 children die every day due to poverty, according to Nourish International's website. However, Rice University Nourish International club plans to change this for the better by fundraising for a summer service project.

Project Spotlight: RTA Family System

Rice Taiwanese Association, a student-led organization that strives to spread cultural awareness and celebrate diversity on campus, has created a social system that provides what every student away from home misses: a sense of belonging to a family, being at home.

What's Their Secret

If you ever see two young students biking with a professor, you might stare quizzically at first; after all, this is a rare sight. If you knew Electrical Engineering Professor Don Johnson, though, such a sight wouldn't come as a surprise.

Project Spotlight:M&T Expansion

This fall, Rice students will meet in pairs and have an exciting bonding moment. No, not the awkward date you'll have for Screw-Yer-Roommate, but for PAIR's newly expanded Mentoring and Tutoring Program .

Project Spotlight: Locks of Love

Rice students might be in for a close shave, come September 19. And no, not that close shave you had when you didn't do the assigned reading for a class, but your teacher just happened to push back the quiz to another day.