Monday, July 04, 2022 — Houston, TX

Weekly Scenes and Screens: Mar. 24

weekly-scene-and-screens-tina-liu
Illustrated by Tina Liu

By Sanvitti Sahdev and Katelyn Landry     3/24/21 10:28am

PUBLIC LIFE

“Public Life: Home and the people who live there” is a series of photo-murals installed on four building facades in Arts District Houston. Artists Citlali Fabián, Anton Gautama, Daniel Handal and Krista Svalbonas explore their personal perspectives on home and community on this larger-than-life photography exhibit, on display for free until May 30. 

TIME NO LONGER

“Time No Longer” is an immersive interactive art installation by multimedia artist Anri Sala. Experience this space-inspired film and sound installation as you stroll around the perimeter of Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern. Tickets are $8 for students and must be reserved online in advance. 

GEND[H]ER

Join Donna Crump and Kayla Collymore at the Contemporary Art Museum Houston as they perform the premiere of the new work “Gend[H]er,” a dance performance in celebration of Women’s History Month, this Thursday, March 26 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on camh.org.

GODZILLA VS KONG

If you’re needing a dose of over-the-top, action-packed mythical death matches, the long-awaited “Godzilla vs. Kong” will bring your favorite two oversized mutant animals to the screen this Friday, March 26. Watch them duke it out over New York City (probably, right?) on HBO Max and at theaters nationwide.