Monday, July 04, 2022 — Houston, TX

Weekly Scenes and Screens: Mar. 17

weekly-scene-and-screens-tina-liu
Illustrated by Tina Liu

By Sanvitti Sahdev and Katelyn Landry     3/16/21 7:42pm

CLOSING: CAKE

This Saturday, March 20, Visual and Dramatic Arts senior Julia Kidd will host an artist talk during the closing reception of her solo exhibition “CAKE” at Sleepy Cyborg Gallery. From 2 - 5 p.m. in Sewall Courtyard, attendees will be able to hear about Kidd’s work while enjoying free refreshments. In order to attend, you must RSVP using this Google form and wear a mask. 

BLOOM! 

The Rice Campanile will host a flower-filled yearbook distribution event this Thursday, March 18 from 2 - 5 p.m. in Ray Courtyard. When you RSVP in advance, you can enjoy fresh roses, a floral photo booth and Rice University yearbooks for the 2020-2021 school year. 

IKEBANA

This Friday, March 19 at 7 p.m., Rice Japanese Club will host its premiere Ikebana event, where students can learn the traditional Japanese art of flower arranging. The event will be hosted by guest teacher and Ikebana-enthusiast, Sushila Mathew in PCF 1. Attendance will be limited to 15 students, so RSVP now!

HOUSTON LATINO FILM FESTIVAL 

Celebrate Latinx cinema from March 19 through 28 with the Houston Latino Film Festival. Films will be available digitally on demand and at two local drive-in theaters: Moonstruck Drive-In Theater and Best Little Drive-In. Single vehicle admission tickets are $30, and virtual all-access passes — which include access to over 40 films — are $15. Purchase tickets and learn more at houstonlatinofilmfestival.org.