Friday, July 01, 2022 — Houston, TX

Weekly Scenes and Screens: Feb. 3

weekly-scene-and-screens-tina-liu
Illustrated by Tina Liu

By Katelyn Landry     2/2/21 8:40am

RICE VILLAGE FARMERS MARKET

Take a socially-distanced and masked-up stroll through Rice Village this Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for its biweekly open-air farmers market. Support local vendors and enjoy everything from fresh produce to artisan coffee, honey, pasta sauce and much more.

Kelvin Drive & Amherst Street 

NEW AT LAWNDALE

Visit the Lawndale Art Center this weekend for new exhibits from national and local artists: “In Passing” by Rabea Ballin, “Carnage” by Jennifer May Reiland and “Mine the Gap” by Jacquelyne Boe, David Janesko, Gerardo Rosales and Holly Veselka. Admission is free, and viewing appointments must be booked online. 

Lawndale Art Center

4912 Main Street

MALCOLM & MARIE”

The highly anticipated black-and-white drama “Malcolm & Marie” hits Netflix this Friday, Feb. 5. Co-stars John David Washington (“BlacKkKlansman,” “Tenet”) and Zendaya (“Euphoria”) will play lovers navigating a tense crossroads in their relationship, performances sure to generate awards season buzz. 

SUPER BOWL LV

Watch the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers — no, seriously — at the 55th NFL Super Bowl this Sunday on CBS starting at 5:30 p.m. CST. If football isn’t your thing, tune in for the real star(boy) of the show at halftime when The Weeknd takes the stage.