9/30 weekly screens and scenes

weekly-scene-and-screens-tina-liu
Illustrated by Tina Liu

By Sanvitti Sahdev and Katelyn Landry     9/29/20 11:10pm

THE CONDOR & THE EAGLE

The Citizens Environmental Coalition will host the virtual Houston premiere of award-winning climate justice documentary “The Condor and the Eagle” this Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m. CST. Tickets are available on a sliding scale with proceeds benefiting the film’s community impact campaign. 

PARABLES & EVERYDAY STORIES

“Parables & Everyday Stories,” the third solo exhibition from Houston-based multidisciplinary artist Lillian Warren will open at Anya Tish Gallery this Friday, Oct. 2. The gallery is open for visitors by appointment only, but “Parables & Everyday Stories” is also available for online viewing at the Anya Tish Gallery website

ADIO KERIDA

As part of its 2020 Latinx Heritage Month Virtual Lecture and Film Series, Holocaust Museum Houston will virtually screen “Adio Kerida,” a documentary about the search for identity and history among Sephardic Jews with roots in Cuba, this Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m. CST. The film will be followed by a Q&A with University of Michigan professor of anthropology Dr. Ruth Behar. Register in advance to receive the streaming link here.  

ARTIST TALK

ASTR* Art and Design Magazine will host local artist Michael Stevenson for a virtual talk this Thursday, Oct. 1 at 7:30 p.m. CST. Stevenson will talk about his artistic influences and work with Houston urban art collective Project Row Houses. Register for the event via OwlNest.