You want a healthy Hoot?

By Andrew Bole     9/16/15 5:18am

Since the move from West Servery to the Student Center I have found myself going to the Hoot less, partially because I can be a bit lazy and it's a longer walk, but also because I know I'm not a huge fan of late night energy drinks and ramen noodle soup. After having an amazing smoothie from Rice Coffeehouse (No, they aren't paying me), I remembered thinking that if the Hoot served smoothies, I would definitely be a more regular customer. In general, I think some healthy food options could boost sales by more than a little; more importantly, when people get hungry they tend to eat what's available and having some fresh fruit and veggie cups in the mix might lead to healthier habits for our late-night campus snackers, myself included. I don't know about the rest of the campus, but toasted peanut-butter-and-banana sandwiches and very berry smoothies sound pretty tasty! If you feel the same you should give a Hoot a holler. Puns aside, speak up: If the Hoot gets enough requests for new food, they may experiment with an expanded menu.

Andrew bole is a McMurtry College junior.