Tuesday, September 27, 2022 — Houston, TX

Rondelet good progress for RPC

By Rice Thresher Staff     1/20/14 6:00pm

Despite Rice Program Council's past mistakes in planning and organizing Rondelet, the Thresher applauds RPC's foresight in planning this year's Rondelet, (see story, p. 1). RPC has taken time to poll student opinion, and after finding that many students care about Rondelet, RPC has taken the initiative to revive the event and has made it a priority.

We like to see Rondelet back on its feet after not happening for the past two years. It is a fun semiformal that mixes students from different colleges and disciplines. Moving the location off campus lets students experience a different setting and venue, and tickets are usually at an affordable price.

The event's move down the calendar from January to March is a step in the right direction. By holding Rondelet later in the semester, RPC will have more time to sell tickets and build publicity. In addition, hosting Rondelet the weekend before Willy Week is a great way to jumpstart the festivities. We encourage students to recognize the effort RPC is putting into the revitalization of this event, and hope that attendance will be high and will work to support future RPC events. 

Unsigned editorials represent the majority opinion of the Thresher editorial staff. All other opinion pieces represent solely the opinion of the piece's author.

Six computers, two iPads stolen from north campus

Rice University experienced a series of thefts this past week. Six laptops and two iPads were stolen from a Duncan College suite and Duncan Hall respectively, according to the Rice University Police Department in a campus-wide email sent out last Wednesday morning.

Inflation nation: Campus grapples with rising costs

As prices for various goods and services continue to rise nationally, student-run businesses and Rice departments such as Housing & Dining and Facilities Engineering & Planning are among those on campus implementing changes to handle this inflationary spike, while also working to keep prices reasonable for students.