Tuesday, September 27, 2022 — Houston, TX

News in Brief

By Rice Thresher Staff     1/20/14 6:00pm

NO NEW SID MASTER YET

Sid Richardson College Master Search Committee member Morgan McNeel said the committee was still searching for new masters.

"A pair of candidates decided that the timing wasn't right for them, so as a result, we will continue the search until we find the perfect fit for Sid," McNeel said in an email sent out to Sid Richardson students.

ANDERSON CONSTRUCTION

Director of Facilities and Maintenance Services Doug Wells said the construction on the sidewalk outside Anderson Hall is a result of a broken sewer line uncovered when Facilities Engineering and Planning removed part of the sidewalk for repairs over winter break.

"After finding this [problem], we had no choice but to dig up and repair the entire length of broken sewer line," Wells said.

Wells said the line is now repaired and the work on the sidewalk should be complete within a few days, after which FE&P will relandscape the area.

Six computers, two iPads stolen from north campus

Rice University experienced a series of thefts this past week. Six laptops and two iPads were stolen from a Duncan College suite and Duncan Hall respectively, according to the Rice University Police Department in a campus-wide email sent out last Wednesday morning.

Inflation nation: Campus grapples with rising costs

As prices for various goods and services continue to rise nationally, student-run businesses and Rice departments such as Housing & Dining and Facilities Engineering & Planning are among those on campus implementing changes to handle this inflationary spike, while also working to keep prices reasonable for students.