Tuesday, September 27, 2022 — Houston, TX

Women's Starting Lineup and Games to Watch

a0c0b719b1cd98d4ab3fc63fcdfbb866

By Rice Thresher Staff     11/5/13 6:00pm

The women's basketball team will play various, prestigious programs in the nonconference portion of the schedule including Baylor University, which won the NCAA championship in 2012. The Nov. 18 meeting with the Bears comes early in the season and will be one of the most difficult games the Owls play all year. Rice will travel to East Lansing, Mich. five days later to play against Michigan State University, a premiere Big Ten team. The Owls have an important home game against crosstown rival the University of Houston on Dec. 21. Rice lost both matchups against the Cougars last season before UH departed for the American Athletic Conference. After a 6-10 conference record last year, the Owls are looking to go over .500 and compete for the conference championship. Rice's major games include hosting conference rivals Tulane University and Marshall University. The women's team will play Louisiana Tech University both at home and away. With 16 teams in the conference, the Owls will only play everyone else once.

Key Homegames:

Nov. 11 Texas Southern University 7 p.m.

Dec. 20 University of Houston 1 p.m.

Jan. 15 Louisiana Tech University 7 p.m.

Jan. 29 Tulane University 7 p.m.

Feb. 19 Old Dominion University 3 p.m.

Mar. 1 University of Texas at El Paso 11 a.m.

Six computers, two iPads stolen from north campus

Rice University experienced a series of thefts this past week. Six laptops and two iPads were stolen from a Duncan College suite and Duncan Hall respectively, according to the Rice University Police Department in a campus-wide email sent out last Wednesday morning.

Inflation nation: Campus grapples with rising costs

As prices for various goods and services continue to rise nationally, student-run businesses and Rice departments such as Housing & Dining and Facilities Engineering & Planning are among those on campus implementing changes to handle this inflationary spike, while also working to keep prices reasonable for students.