Women's Starting Lineup and Games to Watch

a0c0b719b1cd98d4ab3fc63fcdfbb866

By Rice Thresher Staff     11/5/13 6:00pm

The women's basketball team will play various, prestigious programs in the nonconference portion of the schedule including Baylor University, which won the NCAA championship in 2012. The Nov. 18 meeting with the Bears comes early in the season and will be one of the most difficult games the Owls play all year. Rice will travel to East Lansing, Mich. five days later to play against Michigan State University, a premiere Big Ten team. The Owls have an important home game against crosstown rival the University of Houston on Dec. 21. Rice lost both matchups against the Cougars last season before UH departed for the American Athletic Conference. After a 6-10 conference record last year, the Owls are looking to go over .500 and compete for the conference championship. Rice's major games include hosting conference rivals Tulane University and Marshall University. The women's team will play Louisiana Tech University both at home and away. With 16 teams in the conference, the Owls will only play everyone else once.

Key Homegames:

Nov. 11 Texas Southern University 7 p.m.

Dec. 20 University of Houston 1 p.m.

Jan. 15 Louisiana Tech University 7 p.m.

Jan. 29 Tulane University 7 p.m.

Feb. 19 Old Dominion University 3 p.m.

Mar. 1 University of Texas at El Paso 11 a.m.