Tuesday, September 27, 2022 — Houston, TX

SA Meeting Minutes

By Rice Thresher Staff     11/12/13 6:00pm

The following were noted at the meeting of the Student Association on Nov. 11.

• Brown College Senator Larisa LaMere and Transfer Student Association President Ryan Kim reintroduced Senate Resolution No. 5, which supports guaranteeing on-campus housing for first-year transfer students. The Senate amended the resolution to support including First Year Programs in discussions regarding implementation of the proposal. The Senate passed the resolution.
  • McMurtry College Senator Gabriel Teo introduced a resolution in support of creating an Orientation Week international student liaison position at each college. The resolution states the Office of International Student Services should provide funding and guidance for this program. The Senate plans to vote on the resolution Dec. 2. Send questions or comments to gabriel.teo@rice.edu.

The SA will next meet Monday, Nov. 18 in Farnsworth Pavilion at 9 p.m.

Six computers, two iPads stolen from north campus

Rice University experienced a series of thefts this past week. Six laptops and two iPads were stolen from a Duncan College suite and Duncan Hall respectively, according to the Rice University Police Department in a campus-wide email sent out last Wednesday morning.

Inflation nation: Campus grapples with rising costs

As prices for various goods and services continue to rise nationally, student-run businesses and Rice departments such as Housing & Dining and Facilities Engineering & Planning are among those on campus implementing changes to handle this inflationary spike, while also working to keep prices reasonable for students.