Tuesday, September 27, 2022 — Houston, TX

News in Brief

By Rice Thresher Staff     11/12/13 6:00pm

The Center for the Study of Languages is now the Center for Languages and Intercultural Communication, according to the center's website.

The center's mission statement states the CLIC will guide the development of communicative and interactional abilities in a second language; analytical and critical-thinking competence developed through the study of linguistic, social and cultural factors; and intercultural awareness and abilities that will help students become productive members of a multilinguistic and multicultural society.

According to the website, the overall vision of the CLIC is to make a better world through the creation, implementation and promotion of an academically substantive second-language program.

Six computers, two iPads stolen from north campus

Rice University experienced a series of thefts this past week. Six laptops and two iPads were stolen from a Duncan College suite and Duncan Hall respectively, according to the Rice University Police Department in a campus-wide email sent out last Wednesday morning.

Inflation nation: Campus grapples with rising costs

As prices for various goods and services continue to rise nationally, student-run businesses and Rice departments such as Housing & Dining and Facilities Engineering & Planning are among those on campus implementing changes to handle this inflationary spike, while also working to keep prices reasonable for students.