Fond farewells

By Staff Editorial     3/11/10 6:00pm

It's that time of year again: Some staffers are stepping out, and new ones are stepping in, contributing to a vastly different office environment. We'd like to look back on this year and offer our thanks to the following seniors for their dedication:Casey Michel, our outgoing editor in chief, led us through countless late nights with his mellow attitude and refusal to nap - instead, fearlessly preferring to power through the night with countless cans of Red Bull. He helped bring the Web site into the 21st century by expanding our multimedia efforts and helped push the Thresher into the Twittersphere.

We also wish the best for Kyle Barnhart and Cristina Tortarolo, outgoing Backpage editors, whose meme-inspired, occasionally vitriolic humor appealed to computer erudites and n00bs alike. Their warm smiles and hilarious comments kept us laughing through meetings and Whursday nights.

We are also grateful to Charlie Ary, who served as distribution manager, braving the elements to deliver the Thresher on and off campus. Though he may not have had a desk in the office, he played an integral role in making sure the Thresher arrived to those in and around the Rice community each week.

Finally, our office is not the same without Brian Reinhart, our outgoing Calendar editor, whose inside jokes, gleeful laugh and extensive knowledge of Turkish culture and classical music were unparalleled.

We wish these seniors luck in the future. For all the work and grind, they made Whursdays bearable.