Tuesday, May 21, 2024 — Houston, TX

Feature: A conversation with Al Gore

al_gore_jiayi_lyu_col

By Drew Keller and Elizabeth Rasich     10/25/17 12:53am

The Rice Thresher and the Houston Chronicle sat down with Al Gore after his talk on Monday to discuss a future marked by climate change. Read here the full version of the condensed and edited interview that ran in the October 25th issue.

Jones School breaks ground on new expansion, final project to wrap up spring 2026

The Jones Graduate School of Business will expand its building, constructing an additional 95,000 square feet around McNair Hall. Rice Business announced blueprint plans for the new $54.5 million building at its groundbreaking May 9. The new building will include multiple large classrooms, lecture halls, dining facilities, event spaces and communal areas, designed to “blend seamlessly with the campus and its surroundings.”

Audrey’s closes in advance of Jones School expansion

After four years of operation in McNair Hall, Audrey’s closed May 10 prior to the Jones Graduate School of Business expansion. The original Audrey’s space will be cleaved by a wall during construction, Niken Prabanto, co-owner of Greenway Coffee Company, which oversees Audrey’s, said.