Tuesday, July 14, 2020 — Houston, TX °

Rice starts off season hot at the plate

9107e2aad04f6de434c5ce48097e158b
Photo by Courtesy Rice sports Information | The Rice Thresher

Junior Skyler Ewing waits for a pitch against Stanford over the weekend in Palo Alto, Calif. Ewing had two home runs on top of eight RBIs. Rice took two out of three from the Cardinals to win its first series of the year. The Owls play at Reckling Park  this week against the University of Houston and Purdue University. After winning his 1,000th game, Head Coach Wayne Graham will be honored on Wednesday, Feb. 19 before the game against UH.

By Nicki Chamberlain-Simon Thresher Staff     2/18/14 5:23pm

The Rice University baseball team opened its 2014 season against No. 25 Stanford University this weekend with a strong showing at the plate. Rice earned a total of 29 hits and 18 runs in their three days at Palo Alto, Calif. 

Fall student-athletes return to campus for summer workouts

After a three month hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rice athletics have taken the first steps towards their much-anticipated return. In a statement issued Thursday, Director of Athletics Joe Karlgaard announced that Rice is beginning the process of returning its student-athletes to campus.

After three enter transfer portal, Pera looks past tourney loss to next season

Rice men’s basketball ended their season early with a first-round Conference USA tournament exit, falling 76-85 to the No. 5 Florida International University Panthers on March 11. Three starters from that game have entered the transfer portal since that loss: sophomore Trey Murphy III, who was officially announced as a University of Virginia addition on April 16, as well as sophomore Drew Peterson and redshirt junior Josh Parish, both of whom are still in the portal.