Tuesday, September 27, 2022 — Houston, TX

SA Meeting Minutes

By Rice Thresher Staff     9/30/13 7:00pm

The following were noted at the meeting of the Student Association on Sept. 30.

SA Internal Vice President Nathan Liu announced that the SA/GSA Research Mixer will be held 5:30 - 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 7 in the Rice Memorial Center cloisters. Free Thai food will be served.

SA External Vice President Ravi Sheth introduced legislation to formalize the SA Wellbeing Working Group as a special committee under the SA for the 2013-14 school year. The Student Senate passed the bill, which was designated Senate Bill No. 3 of the current session. Send ideas or comments to ravi.sheth@rice.edu.

The Senate voted to close nominations for RTV5 station manager and programming director and to hold an election for both positions.

The Senate elected Martel College junior Lauren Thompson as RTV5 station manager and Lovett College sophomore Rachel Grey as RTV5 programming director.

The SA will next meet Monday, Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. in Farnsworth Pavilion.

Six computers, two iPads stolen from north campus

Rice University experienced a series of thefts this past week. Six laptops and two iPads were stolen from a Duncan College suite and Duncan Hall respectively, according to the Rice University Police Department in a campus-wide email sent out last Wednesday morning.

Inflation nation: Campus grapples with rising costs

As prices for various goods and services continue to rise nationally, student-run businesses and Rice departments such as Housing & Dining and Facilities Engineering & Planning are among those on campus implementing changes to handle this inflationary spike, while also working to keep prices reasonable for students.