Friday, September 30, 2022 — Houston, TX

Y'all went where

5e0e762859b811bc933d65470ca2bea1

The printmaking room, in the Wiess College basement, is open to all students. The basement includes the materials to make do-it-yourself screenprint t-shirts.

By Rice Thresher Staff     8/30/12 7:00pm

Jones Business School Library

"The Jones Business School library has a traditional collegiate library feel that makes it a perfect place for studying. Also, the staff is really friendly." -Dante Zakhidov, Hanszen College sophomore

Couch by Women's Resource Center

"The little couch in the nook by the Women's Resource Center, because you can hear the noise from Coffeehouse but it's not on top of you to be distracting." -Marie Thompson, McMurtry College senior

Founder's Court

"My favorite place on campus only happens closer to winter. In Founder's Court, at around 5:15 p.m. during the late fall until early spring, the sun lines up directly above Fondren and in the archway of the Sallyport, shooting a beam of light through it. It is a phenomenon that I have come to call 'Rice Light'." -Shaan Patel, McMurtry junior

Field of Flowers behind Wiess College

"The grassy area behind Wiess (near the golf cart paths) is cool. There are lots of nice wildflowers in the spring that make the area really colorful." -Linda Wang, Will Rice College junior

Digital Media Center

"The Digital Media Center is a quiet place to study, and a great resource for students with media projects." -Danielle Brown, Baker College senior

Wiess Printmaking Room

"The printmaking room is one of the best kept secrets at Rice. When I first visited Rice as a prospective student an art major described it as the 'Print Palace.' It lives up to this name and was actually one of the deciding factors when I chose to come to Rice." -Lydia Smith, Duncan College sophomore

Review: ‘Do Revenge’ does right by beloved teen classics

Alfred Hitchcock’s 1951 film, “Strangers on a Train,” sees two strangers who team up to enact the perfect murder, swapping their victims so they could never be linked to the crime. Of course, the concept of a perfect murder is a compelling pillar of the psychological thriller genre — but what about a perfect revenge?

Review: Djo creates a dreamy, psychedelic journey with ‘DECIDE’

On “DECIDE,” actor and musician Joe Keery expands his solo project Djo’s sound to ambitious new places. Although many people primarily know Keery through the show “Stranger Things,” where he plays Steve Harrington, he’s been involved in music for years and is a former member of Chicago psych rock band Post Animal. “DECIDE” is his sophomore album, a follow up to 2019’s impeccable “Twenty Twenty.”

Review: ‘Industry’ takes the leap with a poignant second season

The finale of “Industry’s” stellar second season features a relatively cliché sports metaphor, so it’s only fitting to start this review with one of my own. There are a few universally satisfying moments in sports: the underdog who beats an obnoxious powerhouse, the aging star who has more left in the tank than we thought or the young talent who puts it all together and goes from promising to a superstar. This season, “Industry” took that leap.