Friday, February 23, 2024 — Houston, TX

Online comment of the week

In response to "TCU drug scandal inflated" (Feb. 24, 2012):

Total denial and supreme minimalism. Your article is completely naked. All student-athletes know they are signing up to represent an institution. Every institution knows that if it recruits student-athletes who don't have the character to stay clean and sober in college, the institution will suffer greatly. Hey, the last time I checked, there weren't too many Christian dogmas that included drug use/dealing beyond a little wine at communion. The only thing that can redeem TCU after this is the most transparent overhaul of recruiting standards and monitoring standards for every athletic team on campus for years to come. The energy this will absorb out of the athletic program will and should be exhaustive. This is not just an issue where football players were caught being normal. Are you nuts?

j.wolfe

Jae Kim for SA president

Due to his previous successful initiatives, desire to correct flaws within the Student Association and passion for student advocacy, we, the Thresher Editorial Board, endorse Jae Kim for SA president.

Chelsea Asibbey for SA secretary

In a rather rare contested election, the Student Association has two candidates on the upcoming ballot for secretary: Chelsea Asibbey and Calla Doh. Due to her fresh perspective outside of the Student Association, willingness to take initiative on her own ideas and emphasis on serving Rice communities, we, the Thresher Editorial Board, endorse Chelsea Asibbey for SA secretary.