Merri and Webster

OPINION 4/5/17 8:00am

Ask Merri and Webster: How do I tell my parents about my interracial relationship?

I’m dating someone who is neither the same race nor religion. How should I tell my parents, who expect me 1) not to be dating right now but to be studying, and 2) to be married in two years to someone who is the same race and religion of their choosing? Merri: This is another one of those instances where you have to weigh what you know about your parents and your relationship with them because no one else is going to be able to have those answers for you.

OPINION 3/8/17 8:00am

Ask Merri and Webster: SJP trouble

I got in trouble with SJP. How do I break the news to my parents? Merri: For better or worse, this isn’t third grade anymore, and you’re not sent to the principal’s office to call home to explain to your parents that you kicked a kid on the playground.

OPINION 11/29/16 8:00am

Ask Merri and Webster

I’m supposed to be having fun as a senior, but I’m a pretty boring person. What should be on my bucket list? Merri: Sit down and make a list of things on campus or in Houston you’ve always wanted to see, visit or learn more about — this can be as simple as the zoo.

OPINION 9/28/16 7:00am

Ask Merri and Webster!

For the past nine months, I feel like I’ve been struggling with low sexual desire. People I’d normally be sexually attracted to don’t interest me anymore, even though I’m pretty sure my physical sexual functioning is fine.