Thursday, June 27, 2019 — Houston, TX 77°

Men's Starting Lineup and Games to Watch

a0c0b719b1cd98d4ab3fc63fcdfbb866

By Rice Thresher Staff     11/5/13 6:00pm

The Owls' nonconference schedule is highlighted by two former Southwest Conference foes with trips to College Station and Austin. For its first true road test, Rice will play Texas A&M University Nov. 15. The last time the Owls played against the Aggies, they walked away with a 65-58 win. The Owls will head to Austin for the fourth year in a row to play the University of Texas, Austin Dec. 30. Rice will play two Ivy League teams when it hosts Princeton University Nov. 23 and Harvard University Jan. 4. The Owls lost 92-62 to Harvard last year in Cambridge, Mass. Rice will play some new foes this year since Conference USA is welcoming eight new teams. One of the marquee matchups will be when the Owls play Old Dominion University, a team that has played in the NCAA tournament in recent seasons. Louisiana Tech is back in the same conference as the Owls after their days in the Western Athletic Conference in the late '90s and early 2000s. Louisiana Tech is the only team the Owls will play twice in conference play.

Key Homegames:

Nov. 9 University of St. Thomas 2 p.m.

Nov. 23 Princeton University 2 p.m.

Jan. 4 Harvard University 7 p.m.

Jan. 9 Florida International Univ. 7 p.m.

Feb. 8 University of Tulsa 3 p.m.

Mar. 6 Louisiana Tech University 7 p.m.